Registration Now Open
Course Cost $600
Live Sessions Begin March 14
We have an early bird option, plus payment plans and scholarships if needed. Learn more.
So, what is the I Ching about, anyway?
The I Ching posits change as life’s only constant, and using it helps us better understand and master the eternal laws at work in all change. While things are in their beginning stages, they can be influenced by our choices and behavior. By learning to recognize situations in their germinal phases, and by aligning our will with what the times demand of us, we can act to shape our fate.
The Book of Changes provides a practical roadmap to living in harmony with Reality and making the best of uncertain situations. The I Ching represents a rigorous method through which we can study the dynamics inherent in our present circumstances, especially when our lives are in flux and turmoil. Through careful scrutiny of our own character, attitudes and motives, as well as external events, we work to bring into fruition the results we desire to experience.
Work with The I Ching provides practical insight when:
- facing difficult circumstances, or an uncertain future
- developing strategy
- making critical decisions
- breaking through stuck places during a project or creative process
- gaining an objective, enlightening perspective on our life and challenges
At the end of this course, you will possess:
- the ability to accurately and confidently generate your own readings
- a working understanding of the essential principles and foundations underlying the I Ching practice
- familiarity with the fundamental operational interpretive frameworks in play
- the beginnings of a personal relationship with one of the oldest and most effective oracular wisdom traditions on the planet.
What you will receive in this 60-hour practicum course:
- A 7-week series of 90-minute live interactive sessions designed to help you crack the code of the Book of Changes. We’ll explore foundational ideas and ground them into our daily experience by digging into the practice together. (~10.5 hours total)
- A brief but potent daily practice, designed to maximize your experiential learning while developing your own relationships with both the I Ching and your own inner guidance as you inhabit more of your own instinctive wisdom and natural intuitive nature. Together, we will carefully observe how the process unfolds and meets us in our intimate depth. (~30 hours total)
- Weekly readings and/or videos featuring luminaries such as Carl G. Jung and Terence McKenna, whose lives and work were profoundly influenced by the I Ching. (~7.5 hours total)
- A private group forum will provide a safe and inspiring community space to compare notes, share our readings and reflections, and bolster our learning by leveraging everyone’s experiences in service to our individual unfolding paths. (~12 hours total)
- Special discounted rates on private readings with me, to allow for deeper and more confidential time exploring your personal life circumstances, to nurture and activate your individual learning journey.
- Each session will be held live on Sundays 1-2:30pm USA Eastern Time, and recorded and viewable later by all course participants for the entire duration of the 7-week course.
You’ll want to gather the following simple materials before class:
- A journal and pen for writing, tracking and reflecting on your questions and readings
- 3 special coins (I use old pennies, but you can use any coins that feel meaningful to you)
- We’ll primarily be working with the classic Wilhelm/Baynes English translation, so order yours today to start getting ready for the course! https://www.powells.com/book/i-ching-or-book-of-changes-bollingen-series-xix-9780691097503